Vista, was: Re: [amibroker] Re: Anyone still using Windows 95 or 98 ?

Hello,

> Farther aside note; for some reason I got a popup, of sorts maybe,
> on what appeared to be a MS site, Offering "Vista", I bit, only time
> will tell.

Vista is currently in RC2 (release candidate 2 stage) available for MSDN subcribers.
Earlier version (RC1) is offered for everyone for testing for free in "Customer Preview Program".
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/default.mspx

Caveat: Vista RC1 version is for testing and will expire soon, it is resource hungry
(1GB RAM recommended, 2GHz processor or higher recommended and DirectX 9
compatible graphic card recommended), and requires all device drivers to
be digitally signed meaning that device drivers not specifically designed for Vista
will most likely fail.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

For information how AmiBroker works on Vista check:
<http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/10/22/running-amibroker-on-windows-vista-both-32-and-64-bit-editions/>

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com