Re: Resizing the ticker toolbar , was Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 4.87.0 BETA relased

Hi Tomasz,

TJ>  Yes, it does.  I'd just forgotten how to do it, and that particular
>> part of the customization is not very intuitive.  There is just no
>> hint that you have to go back and focus on the bar ...

TJ> I disagree completely. There is pretty simple rule in customization mode that
TJ> you need to click on item you want to customize.
TJ> Pretty basic: enter customize mode -> click -> modify
TJ> And this is not limited to resizing ticker toolbar.
TJ> There is no "hint" because this is the general rule in Windows (click once to activate
TJ> in order to be able to modify).

TJ> It works like in other (including Microsoft) products, and they have entire teams
TJ> working on nothing else than UI (see
TJ> http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/default.aspx )
TJ> I don't have separate people for UI "inventions" - I have to do everything by myself
TJ> so I just follow the standards.

TJ, I'm certainly not accusing you of doing or not doing anything.
You just are more familiar with customizations, and what are the
Windows standards, than I am.  That is all.  Or you (probably) have a
better head for keeping track of small details than the average
person.  Probably a much better head for it.

And what is intuitive to me, and to you, are not going to be
identical sets, for sure.  ^_^  For example, for me it is not
intuitive at all to discover that, once I open the customizations
menu, I don't even have to select 'Ticker' (from the list of
toolbars) before I can click on the Ticker Window and resize it.  (I
would expect to have to focus on the toolbar called 'Ticker' in the
customizations menu first, but as you know, and as I discovered, that
is not necessary.)  Yet, the Ticker Window is apparently nothing more
than a toolbar, and other toolbars are resized automatically only
when buttons are added or removed, and no amount of putting the focus
on them allows manual resizing that I am aware of.  Of course, manual
resizing of a toolbar was actually what I was trying to do. So I
don't know if we can say that MS is totally consistent in how they
handle this. Close enough however. I'll try not to forget how to do
this next time.  ^_-

Yuki