  From: optiekoersen
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 4:44 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Different time frames problem

  Sorry, I do understand it's a bit confusing.
  I'll give you de afl code that I use now.

  The problems are:
  - The stopmode is op Nbar. Due to setting the periodicity to daily,
  I have to change the Number of bars. I prefer to use Nbar = 3 months.

  - I do now get buy/short signals during the month. I like to use
  this system as a monthly system, so only buying at the beginning at
  the month. It should be that first all conditions on monthly basis
  should be true and then it has to look at the daily condition. If
  that is also true then we have a valid buy/short signal.

  I hope you can help me further. Spend already a lots of hours today
  solving this question.

  Thanks Ronald

  TimeFrameSet(inMonthly);
  MaMonth= MA(C,61);
  MaMonth2= MA(C,38);
  TimeFrameRestore();

  TimeFrameSet(inDaily);
  MaDay= MA(C,38);
  TimeFrameRestore();

  MaMonth=TimeFrameExpand(MaMonth,inMonthly,mode=expandFirst);
  MaMonth2 = TimeFrameExpand( MaMonth2, inMonthly,mode=expandFirst );

  Buy = Cross(C,MaMonth) AND MaMonth2 < MaMonth AND C > MaDay ;
  Short = Cross(MAMonth,C) AND MaMonth2 > MaMonth AND C < MaDay ;
  Sell = Short ;
  Cover = Buy ;

  LPos = Flip(Buy,Short);
  SPos = Flip(Short,Buy);
  LPT = Optimize("lpt",5,5,5,1);
  SPT = Optimize("spt",5,5,5,1);
  PT = IIf(LPos,LPT,IIf(SPos,SPT,True));

  LSL = Optimize("lsl",90,90,90,1);
  SSL = Optimize("ssl",90,90,90,1);
  SL = IIf(LPos,LSL,IIf(SPos,SSL,True));

  ApplyStop(stopTypeProfit,stopModePercent,PT,True);
  ApplyStop(stopTypeNBar,stopModeBars,SL,True);

  pds = 1;
  SetTradeDelays(pds,pds,pds,pds) ;

  PositionSize = 1000;

  SetChartOptions(0, chartShowDates);
  GraphXSpace = 5;
  Plot(C,"C",1,64);
  Plot(MaMonth,"MaMonth",colorGreen,1);
  Plot(MaMonth2,"MaMonth2",colorBlue,1);
  Plot(MaDay,"MaDay",colorOrange,1);

  PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeUpArrow,0),colorDarkOliveGreen, layer = 0,
  yposition = O, offset = 0 );

  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@xxx>
  wrote:

  > i'm sorry I do not understand what you want to do. If you explain
  in more detail I can show how to do it,

  > rgds, Ed

  Buy