Re: [amibroker] VBScript within AFL Function ?

Hello,

You put VBScript code parts directly inside AFL function because
VBScript code snipplets are executed directly and immediatelly at the place
where they are defined.

What you can do is to
write VBScript function that is callable from AFL level (using GetScript object),
so to have what you want you may:
a) write VBScript function
b) inside AFL function use GetScriptObject and call VBScript method from there
The net result would be the same i.e. executing VBScript code parts by calling AFL function.

Example how to do that is here:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/a_aflcom.html

I have modified your code to show you how this should be done correctly.

EnableScript("VBScript");

<%
function TestVB()
        RRR = AFL.Var("YYY")
        SSS = 7

        MsgBox CStr(RRR) + " " + CStr(SSS)

        AFL.Var("TTT") = RRR
        AFL.Var("UUU") = SSS
        TestVB = 0
End function
%>

function XXX(YYY)
{
    ZZZ = 0;

    printf(NumToStr(YYY) + "\n");

    scr = GetScriptObject();
    scr.TestVB();

    printf(NumToStr(TTT) + "\n");
    printf(NumToStr(UUU) + "\n");

    ZZZ = 0;

    return;
}

XXX(6);

BUT... there is one big caveat:
displaying MsgBox from VBscript side it is highly discouraged because
it stops execution and will hang AB until message box is dismissed.

For UI elements you should use Param() functions instead. For tracing output
you should use _TRACE instead.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com