[amibroker] Re: Buying at open -- In Real Life

> The simple answer is ... DON'T ... It's like trading with a blind
fold on ... Blind folds are only good if you are at the wrong end of a
firing squad or the object of humor in pin the tail on the donkey ..
Both of which seem to be quite appropriate analogies for this methodology.

Hi Fred,

The best *trading* month I ever had was Feb 2000, where I traded an
Ameritrade account which restricting trade times to actual market
hours (no pre or post mkt hr trading). (I filtered my trades to a
fraction of avg daily dollar volume... and it was an AB trading system
I had developed)

As you will recall, this was during the 'last gasp' of the dot.com
tulip craze.

I had an EOD trading system that created next day entry signals to buy
@ open. While I had reservations about entering Mkt Orders prior to
next days open, I decided to risk a few bucks and actually trade the
system with mkt orders entered the previous night.

For the next few weeks, I experienced excellent order executions which
the majority of times beat 'printed' Open prices.

When the 'bubble' burst, I stopped trading the system and have since
moved my accounts to IB.

Now, I have no idea how IB might perform in a similar trading system,
but I don't think there is a way to restrict pre - post mkt executions
@ IB.

My point is that it is never safe to make assumptions about how any
broker will perform on these type of orders, and that it might
actually be prudent to take a little risk and find out 'what shakes'.

It's only money, right? And there is only one way to find out the truth.

Best Rgds... D