RE: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Questions

Bob: thanks for the information and answering my question.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Bob Krishfield
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:32 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus Questions

I've been using Quotes Plus for a few years and have found it useful, and
the QuotesPlus plug-in very powerful for importing limited fundamentals into
AB, and also use the Sector, Industry Grouping of stocks into the AB
categories.

You can use QuotesPlus or StockPickerPro to do screening and rankings and
create lists that can be imported by AB as watchlists, but there is no
current capability for importing rankings into AB.  There are more fields to
use in QP and SPP than AB imports.

I played around with a program that ranked funds and created a csv file of
these ranks and used a script program to read this file and load the ranking
data into the notes area.  This was clumsy and not easy to maintain, and I
did not finish the work.

Bob K.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> Hello:  I am evaluating a trial copy of QP3.  My current and long
> standing sub on TC2005 runs out on 9/3.  I have read Dan Clarks
> excellent review and reasoning why he canceled TC2005 and subscribed to
QP3.

> Right now I am somewhat overwhelmed by all of the "parameters" that
> show up in the StockPickerPro.  I am struggling with how to use the
> filters and view controls and the Help files are not the greatest.
> But those are not my questions.
>
> I understand from a previous message (which I can not locate at the
> moment) that you can download a lot more parameters (fields??) from
> QP3 than from TC2005.  Can you download and use the various Ranking
fields, like EPS Rk,
> RS Rk, Grp Rk.   I am most interested in this and whether one can stick
the
> QP3 ranks into Amibroker Explorations.  I am somewhat less interested
> in getting the actual EPS numbers into AB vs the EPS RANK numbers.
>
> I would appreciate knowing how to do this and if someone could let me
> know it is possible and perhaps point to any past messages on this
> topic, I would be most grateful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to SUPPORT {at}
amibroker.com