[amibroker] Re: Buying at open -- In Real Life

Hi,

I have that statement placed in my system.  I download quotes at
night, scan for signals and make trades next morning.

What's been bothering me is, my system which has worked marvelously
the past 10-20 years is just not working nearly as good this year.

My strategy is buying on a dip, i.e. pick up stocks that got shot down
recently.  However, I've noticed that nowadays, stocks that got shot
down fall even further because

1. More shorts jump on, and shorts don't cover fast
2. Longs dump shares, some willingly some unwillingly due to margin calls.

Stock prices usually bounce back after a while, but I don't know, I
guess my timing of entry has been off lately because of this new trend
I just described.  Hope it will change soon.

intermilan04