[amibroker] Re: Buying at open -- In Real Life

Hi Yuki,

Thank you for your thorough reply.
I did some research on opening price determination and discovered that
NYSE stocks' opening prices are determined by the bookmakers, whereas
NASDAQ opening prices are determined by the Opening Cross, computers
considering market and limit orders that are "open" at the market open
to determine the opening the price.

As you mentioned, it's possible that some big boys out there
deliberately manipulate the opening price, if I were a big fish out
there...on NYSE and NASDAQ.  As far as I studied, however, NASDAQ
seems harder to manipulate since it's all computer-based.  What I
liked about NASDAQ is, once Opening Cross determines the "open price,"
all the market orders that are "open" will be traded at that price.  I
think I will only trade on NASDAQ from now on.

Now, you were absolutely right about trading on high-liquidity stocks.
 I've paid my dues playing stocks with low volume and grabbed some bad
prices before, so I'm integrating volume into my system so I don't
grab them.

Regards,

intermilan04