Re: [amibroker] is AB for perfect super-users only?

Hello,

Advice: use only defaults, i.e. ordinary insert (double click) that creates a copy of the formula.

If you are using "insert linked" - you are linking several charts to one formula
- it is for people who know what they are doing
and who want several chart panes to be using SHARED formula so
editing it in one place changes all panes.

This functionality is advantage (because you may want to edit once) but
it is provided for users who read the manual and are aware how things work.

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_dragdrop.html

Read  Frequently Asked Questions about drag & drop functionality
Q. What is the difference between Insert and Insert Linked option in chart menu?

A. Insert command internally creates a copy of the original formula file and places such copy into hidden drag-drop folder so
original formula will not be affected by subsequent editing or overlaying other indicators onto it. Double clicking on formula name
in the chart tree is equivalent with choosing Insert command from the menu. On the other hand Insert Linked command does not create
any copy of the formula. Instead it creates new chart pane that directly links to original formula.
This way subsequent editing and/or overlaying other indicators will modify the original

The consequences of using linked formulas are clearly described in the guide.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com