From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of areehoi
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:29 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: EOD data

Dave,
What database are you using (other than TC2005)? If it is USStocks database
that is available from AmiBroker it is certainly relevant.
But, Yahoo revised their industry groups over a year ago and a revised
version was posted on this board under the Hemscott name.  With this
database the industry groups match Yahoo's current ones.
I've also used the TC2000 database and find it excellent.  Only problem is
it has over 10,000 stocks that includes low volume stocks and penny stocks.
My database is confined to stocks with over 100,000 volume and prices above
$2.00 . about 3580 stocks in total.  In using the EODData you download each
market (nyse,amex,nasdq) and merge into one file and give it a name i.e.
"StockData_20060627".  Then go to the "Import Wizard" under the dropdown
under Files.  Wizard will walk you through the procedure.  Just make sure
you data profile matches Wizards and make sure to UnCheck "automatically add
new symbols".  If you don't uncheck this you will end up with every stock on
the EOD database.  With the EOD data I don't get the indices data as it is
set up in Yahoo format so download it through AmiQuote.  Also you may find
that EOD may occasionally miss a stock so you can use Yahoo to download it.
Once you have your database downloaded do a scan or exploration to make sure
all stocks has been update. If some haven't chances they have merged or been
delisted. You can find out status through Yahoo and delete accordingly.  On
splits I keep a calendar of Split available through Yahoo and adjust them
accordingly.  The other alternative would be to reload the entire database
through Yahoo as they automatically update for splits.  Hope this answers
your most pertinent questions.

Dick H

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MarketMonk777" <dlittner@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Dick,
>
> Thanks for responding and providing a good word for the services of
Yahoo as
> well as EODdata.
>
> Currently I use TC2005, and have enjoyed their service over the
years.  It
> takes about 2 to 3 minutes to download all of the stocks in their
database.
> They take care of additions, deletions, as well as splits.  You do
have to
> perform a periodic update (retrieval) from time to time to keep the
> databases synchronized.  I am sure that a few of the more
experienced folks
> can share some of their ways that they perform maintenance tasks.
>
> What are the steps you take each night to import the data from
EODdata into
> your database?
>
> Dave

On Behalf
> Of areehoi
> Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:59 AM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: EOD data
>
> I'll be the contratian.  I've usued Yahoo data for a number of years
> and found it as good as any. Their source is CSI data so it should be
Okay.  On
> splits I keep a splits calendar and adjust accordingly. Or, you can
> redownload periodically (the whole database) as Yahoo adjusts.
>  Lately I've used EODdata and found it excellent.  It downloads in
seconds
> so doesnt take the time that Yahoo does to download. I use the
AmiQuote that

> what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM

SUPPORT {at}
> amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM

To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to SUPPORT {at}
amibroker.com