From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Bob Jagow
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:35 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Set base index for an industry in afl (or any other
automatic way)

Dave,
   I'd do it differently, but your way also has merit.
That is, I'd use the assignment to plot RelStrength(""), where AB fills in
the Industry index, and I would want to, per your example, plot each of the
36 Money Central Banks vs. MG411 instead of MG410.
There happens to be very little difference between MG 410 and MG411,
probably because Worden assigns the largest cap Industry the 1st  number,
but I'd certainly want to compare a Savings & Loan to MG419 instead of.
MG410.
So as a 1st hack,
Plot(C,"",colorBlack,styleCandle);
r = RelStrength("");
Plot(r,"rs",colorBlue,4);
// and manually check that AB found the correct index with rmg =
RelStrength( "mg411"); Plot(rmg,"rmg",colorRed,4);

There's probably a way to retrieve the name of the index, but I'd rather
watch Wimbledon J

Bob