Re: [amibroker] 1-2-3 Setups (corrected)

Hi Joe,

As I recall, in a firefight, something like 8 out of 10 members of a squad have their heads down and are not in the fight.  True you aren't likely to get shot, but then you won't get any medals either.  This morning was a pretty good time to poke one's head up and take a few shots -- then scramble for cover and hunker down.

BCRX, BLDP, NGAS -- all modified 123 setups (+DI not > -DI) were traded.  BLDP did a reversal right at the 3 day breakout point and I took the buck+ profit.  NGAS was working on the 3 day BO, but got caught in the 3 PM dump, still holding it.  BCRX finished strong and running on in after-hours on bird flu in Iran story -- took a buck on 1/2 the position.  AZPN finished the Lizard play started Mon and became a BTM this AM -- all in all good for several points.   NVAX and AVII also bird flu babes, have popped AH as well and are > 5 so may be BTM candidates soon.

Thanks for the WSJ article -- I've an online subscription so could access it w/o problem.  I've read similar items over the past several years -- there's an outfit in Switzerland (if memory serves) that has been doing just this for several years with some high powered boxes and algorithms that look for arbitrage opportunities.  Way beyond my capabilities <LOL>.

Trader's Library occasionally puts the link to the package info on their sales page, other times you have to click on the info about the book and then see a further link to the package.  I just checked and there's one now -- book page: http://www.traderslibrary.com/moreinfo.asp?item=3156887&SID=KKFSZJQOCIFA2566216799355462F897 and the special offer page: http://www.traderslibrary.com/hitandrun1/?SID=KKFSZJQOCIFA2566216799355462F897&lc=QuickSearch .  I've not bought the updated volumes as I already own the video and the originals and the updated look to add about 20 pages of more examples of the patterns, but I don't thing there's any new setups.  I could be wrong.  If I could sell my video, I'd probably get the update copies just to see, and some day may do so anyway.  They certainly have paid for themselves as far as I'm concerned, but then it fits my trading style and is easy to program AAs in AB (except for backtest strategies because of the exit issues).  I have devised some strategies that backtest very well but are poor traders, and vice-versa, so I remain skeptical about turning over my wallet to a computer and sleeping in every morning.  I'm also not a scalper by nature, but certainly will take the four bits to bucker trade intraday.

Markets had a good day until the dump.  I don't make market forecasts, but feel that there's a lower bottom this summer still out there.  Need to continue refining the short strategies and play the quick movers up with an eye on the exit at all times.  The 1-2-3-4 is a pretty reliable pattern if one has patience.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick