Re: [amibroker] Re: Discretionary Equity

Hello Wojciech - Wanted to add a bit to PS's note and hope this helps.  Our group uses routines like this to see how well a particular fund or stock has  performed in the past number of months (daily bars really).  You can set the trades by discretion or use an external signal.
At this time the external trade points from the signals would have to be loaded manually.

You could wonder about a BUY/SELL signal that some letter writer is pushing and checking out to see how well it
would have done say on the issue you are focusing on...for example the Russell 2000 ETF ( IWN), or NDX's QQQQ,
or some other index.

For example in our region. there is a company selling a signal called TimingCube. They list the historical buys and sells
they have been publishing for subscribers.  You could wonder for example, had I started my subscription to TC in the middle of 2004 and taken their first signal on trading an ETF,  TJ's discretionary equity routine will calculate the gains if you had traded versus if you had bought and held.  By the way their web site is great and it lets you do the same "what ifs" on their site.

If you study the Equity() function you'll see that you can also set how this routine can be used to plot the curves starting at the
left hand bar you prefer.   For example equity(0,-1) lets you set the from/to range in the AA Settings page as well as the initial
equity, in 2 places.

bh = Equity( 0, -1 );

e = Equity( 0,-1);

HTH