[amibroker] Re: Tomasz: about new IB plugin

Tomasz,

Sorry if I offended you, although I don't think my previous message
was hostile at all. I appreciated your great work a couple of times
and I said I would take the current version happily.

The reason that I left long feedback was because you asked it.
You said,

>   >>>> there
>   >>>> are any,

Based on your explanation, it is apparent that you created the best
solution. And I appreciate it. But without your prior explanation, I
couldn't know whether the issue was with Amibroker or TWS, so I just
reported what I think inconvenient. Again, because you asked it!

I love your program as it is. Probably, it was my best decision last
year to move to Amibroker. I also appreciate your responses to
customers feedback including mine.

However, don't be offended or mad if customers report some problems
even if they are not your fault.

Best regards,

ggoom

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/discus/messages/2/33478.html?1143264444

> I can not FIX THINGS INSIDE TWS. Ask Interactive Brokers' programers
to fix their software.
> Actually you won't succeed because they have ADDED this "feature"
> deliberately (it did not exits in TWS versions released half a year ago)
> - to prevent people from downloadning too much / too fast.
>
> "This 3 minute waiting seems too long. Could you make it wait like 30
> second or 1 minute and then begin the reconnect to TWS? This would not
> harm any functionality, I guess. Well, if you say to me 'take or leave
> the current one' then I will take it happily, so don't get me wrong"
>
> No we can not use smaller time.
>
> TWS simply REJECTS all request sent too soon. What is WORSE - if you
request
> too soon - the time required to "reset" actually INCREASES !
> So if you request in a second you will NEVER get any response.
>
> BTW: usually TWS simply sends error 165 within 2-3 minutes which
means exactly that
> they disconnected and have ended the lock and you can reconnect
successfully then.

> Please show at least A BIT OF TRUST that I have checked all options
and came up with best solutions.

> Statements like this:
> "Could you make it wait like 30
> second or 1 minute and then begin the reconnect to TWS? This would not
> harm any functionality, I guess."
>
> suggest that I did not try that already and I came with SUB-optimal
solution.

> So for your information: current status quo is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST
WORKAROUND
> to the TWS behaviour and NOTHING more on earth can be done (unless
TWS fixes this on their side).

> I spend WHOLE day checking all timeouts, I was trying HUNDREDS of
different timeouts starting
> from 1 second to 5 minutes and statements suggesting that I did not
do my work right
> are very offending to me.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

investment software  Investment property software
>         Software support  Real estate investment analysis software
Investment software

Service.