[amibroker] Re: Cancel Choice when Closing AB

Vector Vest ? ... LOL ... Yeah I'm sure since they're apparently
fairly adept at changing the results their software produces after
the fact by removing or altering data.

In any case and as stated it's not about whether or not it can be
done but whether or not someone wants to deviate from the standard
and/or norm.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "larypowell" <larypowell@xxx>
wrote:

> Well the programmers at VectorVest seem to figured it out.  Click
on the 'X'
> and it says "Are you sure you want to close".  So it can be done.
>
>   _____

On Behalf
> Of Fred
> Sent: 03/21/2006 8:40 AM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Cancel Choice when Closing AB
>

> It may be something TJ decides to do.  However as far as I know,
the
> windows standard when the X is clicked is to shut down the
program.
> Try it in Excel or Outlook or whatever ... If you made a change to
> document open by the program, then you typically get asked if
you'd
> like to save it, but I don't think you get a chance to cancel the
> exit.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <ken45140@> wrote:
> >
> > I have asked this before but do not remember seeing a response
> other than
> > one response which agreed...when clicking the AB close
window "X"
> or
> > choosing Exit, the dialog box gives two choices, Save the
Database
> or Don't
> > Save the Database.
> >
> > It should have a third choice, CANCEL, to abort the closing
> process.
> >
> > Today, inconveniently, I clicked the close X when I did not mean
> to and had
> > to exit the program and restart it, as well as save some open
> formula code
> > (thank goodness it asked to save), where a Cancel choice would
> have had me
> > continuing my work.
> >
> > Is there anyone else who thinks having a Cancel choice on the
exit
> box would
> > be a good thing?
> >
> > From a programming standpoint, is this not an easy addition to
> make?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ken
> >
> > --
> 3/17/2006

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

> Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+management+software&w1=Inves

tment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Inves
tment+p

roperty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analys
is+soft
> ware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_XXUzbE9l5lGlZNcMu4KNQ>
> management software 	Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+software&w1=Inve

stment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Inve
stment+

property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analy
sis+sof

tware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=5_sgDczz3ArKGMtJ9tFSJA>
estate
> investment software 	Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+property+software&w1=Investm

ent+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investm
ent+pro

perty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis
+softwa
> re&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_N6zcwefgp4eg5n6oX5WZw>
property
> software
> Software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Software+support&w1=Investment+manageme

nt+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property
+softwa

re&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6
=Invest
> ment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=MJ2jP31F3n64RDZkDadU8w> support 	Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+analysis+softwar

e&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+softwar
e&w3=In

vestment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investm
ent+ana

lysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=GmF8PlAJASx0wrSa
X5-Zlw>
> estate investment analysis software 	Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+software&w1=Investment+manag

ement+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+prope
rty+sof

tware&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software
&w6=Inv
> estment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=aMgGsKT4w29dMAYUzQUKzg> software

>   _____
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

> *	 Visit your group "amibroker
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker> " on the web.
>

> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>

>   _____

24 Hours. Commission-Free.