[amibroker] Re: Cancel Choice when Closing AB

It may be something TJ decides to do.  However as far as I know, the
windows standard when the X is clicked is to shut down the program.
Try it in Excel or Outlook or whatever ... If you made a change to a
document open by the program, then you typically get asked if you'd
like to save it, but I don't think you get a chance to cancel the
exit.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> I have asked this before but do not remember seeing a response
other than
> one response which agreed...when clicking the AB close window "X"
or
> choosing Exit, the dialog box gives two choices, Save the Database
or Don't
> Save the Database.
>
> It should have a third choice, CANCEL, to abort the closing
process.

> Today, inconveniently, I clicked the close X when I did not mean
to and had
> to exit the program and restart it, as well as save some open
formula code
> (thank goodness it asked to save), where a Cancel choice would
have had me
> continuing my work.
>
> Is there anyone else who thinks having a Cancel choice on the exit
box would
> be a good thing?
>
> From a programming standpoint, is this not an easy addition to
make?