[amibroker] Re: Automating AA results handling (w/o Batman)

Brian,

This will be a little disjointed but in reply to your questions and
statements ...

You weren't "singled out" per se, although I was at least pretty sure
that you had emailed me to tell me that you couldn't get BatMan
running and that you did have some flavor of FireFox installed.  I
did ask Dave if you were a friend of his since you had back to back
posts on this topic and I thought you might have had some offline
discussion about it.  If I mistook you for someone else then I
apologize.

Something in the process of installing some version of FireFox,
possibly an older one, apparently removes the association to a
particular program for running HTA's, possibly because FireFox uses
this filetype itself.  As a result it was necessary to change the way
that HTA's are executed to a form of running the program that deals
with HTA's and using the HTA itself as an argument for the program
rather than running the HTA's directly.

I suppose if I or anyone else for that matter were so inclined when
writing a script or plugin they could collect information and
transmit it somewhere, but believe me I have better things to do with
my time.  What would I gain ?  Your latest version of the holy
grail ?  As far as TJ's user logs go, I wouldn't have a clue how to
get hold of them nor a use for them if I had them.

If you could rewrite any of my user documentation for the better then
it couldn't have been impossible to understand and if that was really
an offer then I'd seriously consider it since although this is a
necessary thing to have it is also one of my least favorite things to
do.  As far as the "specific territory" goes, most of it is a one
screen approach to saving what should be familiar parameters from
AB/AA.  Where the documentation doesn't suffice or is unclear I have
always been and continue to be happy to answer questions and revise
the documentation itself as users see fit although since it is free
I'd prefer not to make a career out of it.  By the same token though,
no questions asked and no feedback also means no questions answered
and no changes to the documentation.