[amibroker] Re: GetExtraData

Joe-
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I looked through the SPP manual,
but obviously not hard enough. In the reading I've done on this
issue, I wonder if it's as much what the .dll offers as what QP3
allows to be taken. If I understand it correctly, we might have to
lobby QP3 to make the fields we need available.

On the EPS and Sales arrays, I'm not much of a programmer, but I
wonder if there's a way to run a For..Do loop that runs through the
array and finds where it changes, pick that date, calculate how many
days since then, and plugs that number into the Ref() function?

Cato

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxx> wrote:

> Hello there - Guess we have some common interest.  CANSLIM first.
>
> I'm assuming you have Stock Picker Pro installed with your QP3?
It comes with the QP3 CD for no additional charge.
>  SPP has dozens of filters, one of which is called CANSLIM.
> I've attached a screen shot and you'll see that at least 2 of the
data fields needed are not exposed by the AB plugin that Tomasz has
> provided us, like CQIE and CYIE.  A couple of options 1) if
important enough maybe we could talk Tomasz into adding
> those 2 extra fields in the plug in, or 2) ask someone who has the
skills with the AB SDK could take the plug in
> and extend it for those 2 fields. I've never fired up the SDK
myself and not sure I have all the elements in my development desktop
>  to do this.  I run the CANSLIM filter on QP3 and get somewheres
around 175-200 good stocks every day that form a small universe of
> stocks with good fundamentals and price change momentum.
>
> 3) EPS is an array and if you plot it you'll see it changes every
quarter. So by either running an explore or a plot you can
> see if   Ref(EPSarray,-66) works or not.  I'd take it outside the
reference function just to be conservative like
> EPSArray = GetExtradata("EPS");
>
> 1) and 2)  Lots of good documentation in SPP, like the following
that should remove any doubt in your mind as to what the fields are.

> We had a 'birds of a feather' meeting at the Amibroker Conference
in Houston and there were about 12 QP3 users there. I have a
distribution
> list that I'm adding your name to and if you don't want to be
copied on some of our mailings please let me know and I'll take you
off it.
> Dan Clark is very active and has been providing information for
the forum, to our group and feed back to the owner of Quotes Plus,
hopefully to some avail.

> Hope this helps.
> Joe
>
> % 5Yr EPS Gr
> The percentage change in current fiscal year earnings compared to
five years ago fiscal year earnings.
> Source:  Quotes Plus
> Filter category:  Fund Earnings - % EPS
>
> CYIE
> The objective is to find securities with year after year of
continuous EPS growth for the past 3 years. The year is based on a
trailing twelve month (TTM) basis.  The yearly difference between
the most recent EPS quarter and the same quarter a year ago is
computed. This backwards computation is done to arrive at 4 yearly
EPS values.  If the difference for most recent yearly EPS value is
greater than the previous year (not equal) we add one to the count.
This type of backwards comparison goes on until one of two events
occur:

>   1.. All 3 yearly time periods have been processed or
>
>   2.. The security fails with a yearly comparison that doesn't
increase, the process will stop and the count is recorded

> The process results in a number from 0 - 3.  A security with
consecutive upward yearly progress will get a value of 3 (3 years of
steady upward

> % 1Yr EPS Gr (TTM)
> The percentage change using the sum of the  last 4 quarters of
EPS compared to the sum of the prior 4 quarters of  EPS.  This is a
current 4 quarter over the previous 4 quarters EPS comparison as
opposed to the data fields:

>   a.. % EPS Chg which is comparing the current quarters EPS to the
same quarter a year ago.

>   b.. % 1Yr EPS Gr which is comparing the current fiscal year EPS
to the prior fiscal year EPS.

> Source:  Computed
> Filter category:  Fund Earnings - % EPS

QP3
>   that I hoped someone here could answer:
>
>   I'm pretty sure that sales and sharesfloat are reported in
millions
>   (e.g. "1.2" means 1,200,000), and sharesshort are reported in
>   thousands (e.g. "1,200" means 1,200,000), but I don't know about
>   some of the others.
>
>   1) TTMSales? I can't think of any way to make this a real number.
>   2) TTMEPS? It looks like it could just be normal, but I'd like
>   make sure.
>   3) Earnings growth numbers (Y1, Y5, and projections)? One would
>   expect percentage (e.g. "12" = 12%), is this the case?
>
>   One final question: Since "EPS" is an array, does that mean I
can
>   get historical EPS by using Ref(GetExtraData("EPS"),-#)? If so,
I've
>   tried that and it didn't seem to work. Is there another way to
do it?

>   I'm trying to set up some sort of CANSLIM type of exploration.
So,
>   if anyone has any ideas on that, I would really appreciate the
help.

>   Thank you.
>

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

investment software  Investment property software
>         Software support  Real estate investment analysis
software  Investment software

of Service.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.