[amibroker] Re: Inserting another security chart below main chart

Dick, "Window-New" solution is the mainstream approach while "PlotForeign" approach is for AmiBroker geeks. In my PlotForeign code I included Foreign Ticker parameter which allows to quickly change the ticker from the right click menu (r-click - parameters) so that you never have to touch the code itself.

Using PlotForeign solution you can put different tickers into chart sheets (tabs at the bottom of the chart window) normally used by indicators. This might make sense as in many cases those tabs are just idling empty.

Lesmond

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "areehoi" <rhoierman@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Lesmond & Graham,
> I was aware of the "foreign" concept but problem there is you have to
> change the code everytime you want a different symbol.  The new
> Windows seems to work fine ... I just never was aware of this
> approach. I was hoping there was a way of "draging droping" a
> different symbol on the active chart so as to show it below.  Perhaps
> this option could be included in upcoming versions.
>
> Dick H.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lesmond V" <ebsn247lsm@> wrote:
> >
> > "... how to make "foreign" chart showing in candlesticks? ..."
> >
> > I have figured that out myself. Here is the code followed by
> comments about handling of data holes (in either the primary or
> foreign ticker):
> >
> > /*********************************/
> > // Foreign Chart In Indicator Pane
> >
> > ft_ = ParamStr("Foreign Ticker", "SPY"); // foreign ticker
> > ff_ = ParamToggle("Foreign Fixup", "OFF|ON", 1); // foreign fixup, 1=ON
> > fv_ = Foreign( ft_, "C", ff_); // foreign bar's close value
> >
> > PlotForeign(ft_, "", colorOrange, styleCandle); // plot foreign chart
> >
> > Title = "\\c11"+Interval(format=2)+"  "+Date()+"\\c27
> "+Name()+"="+C+"\\c25  "+ft_+"="+fv_;
> >
> > /*****
> > 1) PlotForeign function synchronizes date/time bars between both tickers
> > a) if Primary ticker has missing bars: the function will
> automatically remove equivalent excess bars from the
> >    Foreign chart
> > b) if Foreign ticker has missing bars: each data hole will be filled
> up with a duplicate of the last "real"
> >    bar (equivalent of Forign() fixup=1)
> > c) Foreign Fixup parameter (set to OFF) can be used to check in the
> Title which Foreign bars are duplicates
> >    (they will show as equal zero)
> > /*********************************/
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lesmond V" <ebsn247lsm@> wrote:
> > >
> > > 1) Dick, have you tried:
> > >
> > > Window - New
> > >
> > > This will open a new chart window which you can tile horizontally.
> Now you can switch the focus to any of those two windows and use F4 to
> change tickers.
> > >
> > > 2) Graham's idea allows to place a chart of a different ticker in
> the pane below the chart normally used for indicators. Now my question is:
> > >
> > > how to make "foreign" chart showing in candlesticks?
> > >
> > > Here is a code example (foreign chart is plotted as Dots):
> > >
> > > /*********************************/
> > > // Foreign Chart In Indicator Pane
> > >
> > > ft_ = ParamStr("Foreign Ticker", "XIU-T");       // foreign ticker
> > > ff_ = ParamToggle("Foreign Fixup", "OFF|ON", 1); // foreign fixup,
> 1=ON
> > >
> > > fc_ = Foreign( ft_, "C", ff_); // foreign chart
> > >
> > > Plot(fc_, "", colorOrange, styleDots); // plot foreign chart
> > >
> > > Title = "\\c11"+Interval(format=2)+"  "+Date()+"\\c42

> how to
> several
> I've tried
> [...]

24 Hours. Commission-Free.