[amibroker] Re: Inserting another security chart below main chart

Thanks Lesmond & Graham,
I was aware of the "foreign" concept but problem there is you have to
change the code everytime you want a different symbol.  The new
Windows seems to work fine ... I just never was aware of this
approach. I was hoping there was a way of "draging droping" a
different symbol on the active chart so as to show it below.  Perhaps
this option could be included in upcoming versions.

Dick H.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lesmond V" <ebsn247lsm@xxx> wrote:

> "... how to make "foreign" chart showing in candlesticks? ..."
>
> I have figured that out myself. Here is the code followed by
comments about handling of data holes (in either the primary or
foreign ticker):

> /*********************************/
> // Foreign Chart In Indicator Pane
>
> ft_ = ParamStr("Foreign Ticker", "SPY"); // foreign ticker
> ff_ = ParamToggle("Foreign Fixup", "OFF|ON", 1); // foreign fixup, 1=ON
> fv_ = Foreign( ft_, "C", ff_); // foreign bar's close value
>
> PlotForeign(ft_, "", colorOrange, styleCandle); // plot foreign chart
>
> Title = "\\c11"+Interval(format=2)+"  "+Date()+"\\c27
"+Name()+"="+C+"\\c25  "+ft_+"="+fv_;

> /*****
> 1) PlotForeign function synchronizes date/time bars between both tickers
> a) if Primary ticker has missing bars: the function will
automatically remove equivalent excess bars from the
>    Foreign chart
> b) if Foreign ticker has missing bars: each data hole will be filled
up with a duplicate of the last "real"
>    bar (equivalent of Forign() fixup=1)
> c) Foreign Fixup parameter (set to OFF) can be used to check in the
Title which Foreign bars are duplicates
>    (they will show as equal zero)
> /*********************************/
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lesmond V" <ebsn247lsm@> wrote:
> >
> > 1) Dick, have you tried:
> >
> > Window - New
> >
> > This will open a new chart window which you can tile horizontally.
Now you can switch the focus to any of those two windows and use F4 to
change tickers.

> > 2) Graham's idea allows to place a chart of a different ticker in
the pane below the chart normally used for indicators. Now my question is:

> > how to make "foreign" chart showing in candlesticks?
> >
> > Here is a code example (foreign chart is plotted as Dots):
> >
> > /*********************************/
> > // Foreign Chart In Indicator Pane
> >
> > ft_ = ParamStr("Foreign Ticker", "XIU-T");       // foreign ticker
> > ff_ = ParamToggle("Foreign Fixup", "OFF|ON", 1); // foreign fixup,
1=ON

> > fc_ = Foreign( ft_, "C", ff_); // foreign chart
> >
> > Plot(fc_, "", colorOrange, styleDots); // plot foreign chart
> >
> > Title = "\\c11"+Interval(format=2)+"  "+Date()+"\\c42
"+Name()+"="+C+"\\c25  "+ft_+"="+fc_;

> > /*********************************/
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Use foreign chart to show a different symbol
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cheers
> > > Graham
> > > AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> > > Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> > > http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm

I've tried

24 Hours. Commission-Free.