[amibroker] Re: Multiple charts with different indicators

Andrew,

"... if given chart pane was created using Insert Linked, it will modify original (linked) formula ..."

"...if you delete the indicator you OVERLAY, it removes the appended code, as well ..."

Those are some of the reasons I gave up on using "insert" or "overlay" and do everything inside the code itself, save the work as a new permanent afl file and then only use "insert linked". Otherwise you have to keep track of which AFL file you have appended and why, whether it was created with insert or with insert-linked and spend some extra time on drag-drop folder maintenance.

Just a suggestion.

Lesmond

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wizard@xxx wrote:

> Ok, seems "OVERLAY" is what I was after...
>
> From the help files:
>
> Overlay - overlay selected indicator onto selected chart pane
> Overlay command internally appends additional code to the formula used by the
> chart pane. If given chart pane was created usign Insert Linked, it will modify
> original (linked) formula.
>
> If you delete the indicator you OVERLAY, it removes the appended code, as well.
> Will play around with this, but it appears to be what I need.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew.
>

> > G'day Lesmond,
> > I am able to use Insert Linked to insert an indicator below a chart and it
> > only
> >
> > shows up for that chart. (Using Insert only places that indicator on each
> > chart)
> >
> > However, I want to overlay the indicator on the price chart, without
> > affecting
> >
> > the other charts. I still can't seem to get this done.
> >

> > When I opened the new windows I didn't use New Linked, so, if I understand
> > this
> >
> > correctly, all 4 charts should be independent...but they're not.

> This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au

24 Hours. Commission-Free.