Re: [amibroker] Please, Help Me !...

Hi Steve,

There must be some misunderstanding : I do not expect daily and weekly bars to yield the same result, I expect them to be synchronized.

1 weekly bar = 5 daily bars (generally speaking).
Close of the weekly bar = Friday of the daily bar (generally speaking).

I you have the time, do test my code with any stock you want and you will check by yourself that the results are false : I mean they are not synchronized at all.
I must add it is Tomasz himself who gave the code to me but unfortunately the result is still inaccurate.

Out of curiosity, I tested the accuracy between weekly MA crossovers and their corresponding results on daily charts and everything worked fine : on daily charts, the signal (i.e the weekly crossover) is correctly displayed (i.e. the last daily bar of the week).

BUT if you take my code which combines LLV, REF and multiple time frame functions, everything is WRONG : nothing matches.

Thanks for you help,
Regards
Evo1

Steve Dugas a écrit :
Evo,

Sorry, I don't have the time to run your code and inspect all the results, but in my experience I have found that TimeFrame functions work OK.

General Question: Why would you expect daily and weekly bars to yield the same events at the same time? They are basically two different sets of bars and in each timeframe the bars will not necessarily produce the same signals at the same time - for example, many people trade weekly bars for that reason - they are often smoother and do not generate as many false signals/whipsaws as daily bars.

A method I like to use sometimes is to create the weekly bars, expand them and plot them as candles (colorWhite), then plot daily candles over them (colorBlack). It is interesting to see how much noise in the daily bars gets eliminated in the weekly bars. Perhaps in this way you will be able to see how some of the daily signals also get eliminated in the weekly bars.

Steve