[amibroker] Re: BackTest Question

Hi,

Thanks for replying - but I don't seem to have explained this
properly I expect.

As soon as a position has its trailing stop above the buy price there
is no more risk with that position - so another position can be
opened with the risk still being kept to 5% of capital.

Limiting open positions to a fixed number is the problem that I want
to get around.

I could have 1000 open positions and as long as the trailing stop for
each is above their buy price there is no risk. I can open another 10
positions with risk 0.5% of total equity and keep by risk to 5% of
capital.

Note I now have a lot more capital as I have 100 open positions in
profit and I now want to risk .5% per trade of that equity on the new
10 positions.

Geoff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@xxxx> wrote:

> correction
> numshares = 0.05 * capital/(entry - stop)
>
> Paul
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of Paul Ho
> Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2006 10:34 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [amibroker] BackTest Question
>

> a bit  of algebra
> max 5% means you can have only 10 open positions
> use setoption ("maxopenpositions", 10);
> risk per trade = (entry - stop) * numshares = 0.05 * capital
> ie numshares = (entry - stop)/(0.05 * capital);
> setpositionsize (numshares, spsshares);
> that should do the trick
>
> Paul
>

>   _____

t=ms&k=Investment+management+software&w1=Inves

tment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Invest
ment+p

roperty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysi
s+soft
> ware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_XXUzbE9l5lGlZNcMu4KNQ>
> management software 	Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+software&w1=Inve

stment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Inves
tment+

property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analys
is+sof
> tware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=5_sgDczz3ArKGMtJ9tFSJA>
estate
> investment software 	Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+property+software&w1=Investm

ent+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investme
nt+pro

perty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+
softwa
> re&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_N6zcwefgp4eg5n6oX5WZw>
property
> software
> Software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Software+support&w1=Investment+manageme

nt+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+
softwa

re&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=
Invest
> ment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=MJ2jP31F3n64RDZkDadU8w> support 	Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+analysis+softwar

e&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software
&w3=In

vestment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investme
nt+ana

lysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=GmF8PlAJASx0wrSaX
5-Zlw>
> estate investment analysis software 	Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+software&w1=Investment+manag

ement+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+proper
ty+sof

tware&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&
w6=Inv
> estment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=aMgGsKT4w29dMAYUzQUKzg> software

>   _____
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

> *	 Visit your group "amibroker
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker> " on the web.
>

> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>

>   _____

24 Hours. Commission-Free.