Re: [amibroker] Delay in real life vs backtester

Hi intermilan04,

i> When I run the backtester with Buy/Sell delay 0,

An addendum to my previous note:  My advice ... don't use the back
tester "Settings" for your systems.  Learn to, and use, AFL for this.
The code overrides the settings.  This way, you will never forget to
change the settings.  Always set Buyprice and Sellprice via code
(whether using 'delay' or other signals).  Always set trade delays by
code.

If I were TJ, I would rip out the "Settings" that deal with these
things.  Everyone forgets once in a while, I think.  Use code.  If
you use AFL in your formula, you cannot forget.  I would code the
editor (AFL check) so that it would balk at these things that were
not set by code.  But that is just me.  The settings are there for
people who cannot write even one line of code, or for the convenience
of those who never forget.  I have yet to meet such a person.

Yuki

24 Hours. Commission-Free.