[amibroker] Re: Workspace (Markets) problem

Barry's suggestion would work, but I agree with -treliff, perfoming
Barry's suggestion would be quite an extra work to me since I have
to recalculate all sector's performance everyday (and other
calculations as well).

I would expect that there is a better way of organizing Market253,
it seems to me Market253 was a temporary fix (or a solution) at the
time (back then) when AB users had some sort of feature of re-
calculating their own composites. I am not saying that this solution
doesn't work, it's just when you have so many things going with ATC
then you started to think of a better way of organizing Market253.

Thank you,
Gary.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "treliff" <treliff@xxxx> wrote:

> Barry, I think what Gary wants (at least what I would want) is to
> spread ATC tickers among different markets (or groups, industries)
> immediately when an ATC scan is run. Having to perform the manual
> Symbols->Categories procedure you describe is rather cumbersome.
>
> -treliff
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Scarborough"
> <razzbarry@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > It seems that is where the ~nnn named stuff goes by default.
> > Actually since I have an Unassigned market that is where they
> went.
> > If you want them in a specific market this what I did. Go to
> Symbols
> > and take Categories. Add a new category My Composites. Then go
> > Symbol/Assignment Organizer and select 253 under market on the
left
> > side, and My composites on the right side. Add your composites
> > the right side and hit close. That will move all of them at once
> > your new market.
> >
> > Barry
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary" <ghost200_2000@xxxx>
wrote:

> > > I had a whole bunch of different AddToComposite calculations
> > (sector
> > > performance calculations, my personalized composite
calculations,
> > etc).
> > >
> > > Everything seems to be piling up on Market253, I tried to make
> > them
> > > more organized by naming them with the same in the first
couple
> of
> > > letters so then they will be grouped together, but still, as
my
> > ideas
> > > are growing, now Market253 looks like a garbage can to me.
> > > It seems that AmiBroker was not designed very well to handle
this
> > > situation.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to direct ATC calculation into different place
> > other
> > > than Market253?
> > > Any ideas will be appreciated!
> > >

> > > Thanks,