[amibroker] Re: Question about industries and sectors

Barry I am sorry I did respond to your idea earlier I miss your post
it did not come into my email box.
What you are asking me to do I have already tried, I am starting to
think that indices get assign a sector number as well but, it is not
part of the sector assignment what do you think.
I forget how to capture a screenshot for I can paste it and email it
for viewing

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Scarborough"
<razzbarry@xxxx> wrote:

> In my database the indices are in market undefined, industry
> undefined and group indices. BUT and this is a big BUT! I set this
> database up years ago. I just looked at a new release copy I
> installed and the industries and groups are not set up. The file
you
> got from support probably set all this up for you.
>
> It might be easier to manually change them. To correct this you
can
> go to Symbol/Categories create a Group called Index or Indices.
Then
> right click on any index in the symbol list and select
Information.
> You can see where they are assigned. Change the Group to whatever
> you called the now group. Also if you click the right most box
next
> to Index they will show up in the Index watch list.
>
> Barry
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "goldwing01_1999"
> <goldwing01_1999@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I redone my sectors and industries using a script provide by
> amibroker
> > help desk. It works great thanks again help desk, now the only
> problem
> > I can see for now is when I add the Indexes they also get load
> into a
> > sector, so the question is how to have Indexes without them
being
> part
> > of a sector .

24 Hours. Commission-Free.