[amibroker] Re: Question about industries and sectors

I need to see the file. Some want it and I can put it on my website
unless it is readily available from AB site. But send the file to me
at razzbarry at imageview dot us, or razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Once I
test it I will put it on my website. My site is www.imageview.us. If
the email or website address gets clobbered you can follow my Yahoo
use rid to my website and or email address.

Don't worry about sending a screen image. I have a blank AB on my
print server and I will try the script there and see what I get.

Any who want it - I will add it to my site. It should be there later
today or tomorrow. After I get the file and test it. I will add the
page now and if there is a link to the zip file it is there.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "goldwing01_1999"
<goldwing01_1999@xxxx> wrote:

> Barry I am sorry I did respond to your idea earlier I miss your
post
> it did not come into my email box.
> What you are asking me to do I have already tried, I am starting
> think that indices get assign a sector number as well but, it is
not
> part of the sector assignment what do you think.
> I forget how to capture a screenshot for I can paste it and email
it
> for viewing
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Scarborough"
> <razzbarry@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > In my database the indices are in market undefined, industry
> > undefined and group indices. BUT and this is a big BUT! I set
this
> > database up years ago. I just looked at a new release copy I
> > installed and the industries and groups are not set up. The file
> you
> > got from support probably set all this up for you.
> >
> > It might be easier to manually change them. To correct this you
> can
> > go to Symbol/Categories create a Group called Index or Indices.
> Then
> > right click on any index in the symbol list and select
> Information.
> > You can see where they are assigned. Change the Group to
whatever
> > you called the now group. Also if you click the right most box
> next
> > to Index they will show up in the Index watch list.
> >
> > Barry
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "goldwing01_1999"
> > <goldwing01_1999@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I redone my sectors and industries using a script provide by
> > amibroker
> > > help desk. It works great thanks again help desk, now the only
> > problem
> > > I can see for now is when I add the Indexes they also get load
> > into a
> > > sector, so the question is how to have Indexes without them
> being
> > part
> > > of a sector .

24 Hours. Commission-Free.