[amibroker] Re: Advance/Decline line

Thanks Barry & Terry
  I think the master needs to change the default one he has in the
Chart section. I've tried this one and it works on the NASDAQ. Only
problem is the A/D line is a is straight where as it should vasilate.
What is the problem with the formula I tried??
_SECTION_BEGIN("AD LineNASDAQ");
 //For Indicator builder

Plot(C, "Close", colorBlack, styleLine);
Difference = Foreign("ADV_QX", "x")-Foreign( "DECLQX",
"x")/(Foreign("UCHGQX","x")+ 1 );
DiffSqrt = IIf(Difference > 0, sqrt(Difference), -sqrt(-Difference));
myADLine = Cum( DiffSqrt );

Plot(myADLine, "adline", colorRed, styleLine+32768);

_SECTION_END();

Dick H.
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:

> Barry,
>

> I see what you mean. Googling for Advance Decline Line only turns up the
> ratio. A search of AB help turns up the same description and refers the
> user to the ADLine function. Something is amiss here as data is clearly
> needed and ADLine has no inputs for data (as you observed).
>

> Needs input from the master, TJ on his return.
>

> From AB HELP:
>

> Advance-Decline line (AD-Line)
>

> Line measuring advances and declines that reflects market breadth. In
> its simplest form ADLine is a summation over time of the net daily
> difference between the number of advancing issues and the number of
> declining issues. AmiBroker uses slightly improved formula which takes
> into account also number of unchanged issues. The exact AFL formula for
> AmiBroker's ADLine is:
>
> Difference = ( AdvIssues() - DecIssues() )/ ( UncIssues() + 1 );
> DiffSqrt = IIF( Difference > 0, sqrt( Difference ), - sqrt( - Difference
> ) );
> ADLine = Cum( DiffSqrt );
>
> This is a classical indicator which tends to give a good reading of the
> overall strength of the market. A break in the A/D line usually proceeds
> a break in prices. Look for non-confirmation and divergence.
>
> See also AFL Function reference: AFL
> <mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\AmiBroker\Broker.chm::/a_funref.html#A
> DLINE>  Function: adline()
>

> --