Re: [amibroker] another inconsistent behavior I notice - cumulated answer :-)

Yuki,

In this letter I will address all things rised in several threads
you have created today's morning.

It is VERY consistent:
tabs are adjacent when windows originally were docked into
single docking pane.

There is a space between groups if windows originally were
NOT docked in one tab together.

See again video and notice the difference between
a) Symbols/Layers/Layouts/Charts
 and
b) Interpretation/Notepad

Also, I understand your enthusiasm, but I would like to ask you to
limit number of messages you post on this list since it is hard to follow
so many threads and messages you wrote in just 2 hours.

Please make a LIST of things you want to say and send ONE e-mail, not 20.

As for suggestions:
there is a suggestion feature on AmiBroker web site:
http://www.amibroker.com/submit.html
that you should use. Posting suggestions here just adds work for me because
I have to copy paste (and sometimes "extract") suggestions from e-mails.
When you use the form, I can more or less automatically import suggestions to the database.
One topic per one submission please.

As for docking pane / hide / unhide behaviour - I personally like it the way it is and will keep it.

As for the TICKER bar problem - I have finally managed to reproduce your problem
- it happens only when you move  ticker combo box out of original Ticker Bar.
Until some solution is found please do not do this - i.e. leave ticker combo box in its original place.

Also this is one example that shows how you should proceed when you notice a problem:
1. you found something that seems a problem
2. try to describe not only problem but also STEPS you did BEFORE it occurred (any customizaiton made for example)
3. try to revert these steps back to original setup to verify if problem occurs in your customized setup only or is global

This really helps reproducing problems on my side and speeds-up finding solutions.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com