[amibroker] Re: Exploration giving bad dates

The formula and data are on my website. I could not add the code and
data to the Files section of this forum, it is at 99%. So I added
the formula, data files and instructions to my website,
www.imageview.us. Take the AmiBroker link. There are other basic
formulas there you may find interesting.

Barry

PS: I will delete the data I put in Files.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "areehoi" <rhoierman@xxxx> wrote:

> Barry,
> I am not too familiar with the MBI (Moving Balance Indicator).
Could

<razzbarry@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am using one indicator, MBI, to give buy signals and MACD zero
> > crossing to give sell signals. I plot these as positive and
negative
> > spikes of one bar duration. I also plot the indicators in
separate
> > panes so I can see if the buy and sell points are what I expect.
> > They are exactly in the right place.
> >
> > Now is gets weird. I do an exploration and the buy indicator
occurs
> > on exactly the same dates as the chart shows. But the MACD zero
> > crossing dates are not the same dates as the chart. Some are
missing
> > too.
> >
> > Then I plotted a MACD and use the zero crossing for both buy and
> > sell signals and plot them as spikes and run exploration and the
> > dates are exactly as the chart. Also the sell spikes are exactly
the
> > same as the MBI/MACD chart.
> >
> > How can explore show incorrect sell dates referenced to the
MBI/MACD
> > chart but correct dates on the MACD only chart?
> >
> > I don't know if it makes any difference but Settings is set for
> > daily long and short with trade on the next open. All stops are
> > disabled.
> >
> > // buy/sell logic is:
> > myMBI = Cross(MBI, 45); // MBI range 0 to 100, long is up 45
crossing
> > myMACD = Cross(0 , MACD(6, 19)); // sell on down 0 crossing
> > Buy = Cover = myMBI;
> > Sell = Short = myMACD;
> >
> > // explore is set to:
> > Filter = Buy OR Sell OR Short OR Cover;