[amibroker] Re: Exploration giving bad dates

I added the MBI indicator to the Files section in folder MBI
Indicator. I tried to upload the data but the file is 99% full and I
had to keep editing the files I so I could upload just two, the
formula is there as are the instructions on how to create the symbol
file you will need for the indicator.

To use the indicator you will have to build the symbol file and
download the data into Excel or some other spread sheet. The data
source is in the files. The field format is in the MBI.rft file I
uploaded. The formula is designed to use ~NYSE and ~NASD. The
default is ~NYSE and is the most useful for market direction.

I would say I could send you the files but just as soon as I do
10,000 others will ask for them too and I don't have time to do
that. I will see if I can put them on my website when I get a
chance. If I can I will post another message.

I have found the MBI indicator is very good at calling market
bottoms when confirmed with MACD below 0. Otherwise, it can give
some bad signals. If you use it plot both and look at the historical
calls and see what you think.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "areehoi" <rhoierman@xxxx> wrote:

> Barry,
> I am not too familiar with the MBI (Moving Balance Indicator).
Could

<razzbarry@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am using one indicator, MBI, to give buy signals and MACD zero
> > crossing to give sell signals. I plot these as positive and
negative
> > spikes of one bar duration. I also plot the indicators in
separate
> > panes so I can see if the buy and sell points are what I expect.
> > They are exactly in the right place.
> >
> > Now is gets weird. I do an exploration and the buy indicator
occurs
> > on exactly the same dates as the chart shows. But the MACD zero
> > crossing dates are not the same dates as the chart. Some are
missing
> > too.
> >
> > Then I plotted a MACD and use the zero crossing for both buy and
> > sell signals and plot them as spikes and run exploration and the
> > dates are exactly as the chart. Also the sell spikes are exactly
the
> > same as the MBI/MACD chart.
> >
> > How can explore show incorrect sell dates referenced to the
MBI/MACD
> > chart but correct dates on the MACD only chart?
> >
> > I don't know if it makes any difference but Settings is set for
> > daily long and short with trade on the next open. All stops are
> > disabled.
> >
> > // buy/sell logic is:
> > myMBI = Cross(MBI, 45); // MBI range 0 to 100, long is up 45
crossing
> > myMACD = Cross(0 , MACD(6, 19)); // sell on down 0 crossing
> > Buy = Cover = myMBI;
> > Sell = Short = myMACD;
> >
> > // explore is set to:
> > Filter = Buy OR Sell OR Short OR Cover;