Re: [amibroker] Re: Mutual fund data

The data in Yahoo's first four columns is supplied by CSI and takes into account the dividend with "zero" delay.  That data avoids the thing that you don't want which is a "jump" in price at each dividend date (e.g., $.05 at the end of August) that uncompensated data shows.  The data in the first four columns are the same as posted by Fidelity and other outfits like BarCharts and StockCharts.  The fifth column is added later for information and will change when they insert their "information" box.  Do you know of a data supplier that does not duplicate the first four columns or that has a delay?

As for significant figures, again I don't know if Yahoo (CSI) is any different from other data suppliers.  The couple that I checked all show the same value.  Do you know of data suppliers that carry MF data, for example, to 4 decimal places?  In any case, from my perspective this is a red herring because rounding to a penny does not give me heartburn; I don't trade in fractions of a penny and my indicators and style of trading are not sensitive to such increments.
----- Original Message -----
From: Fred
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 3:46 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Mutual fund data

As you can see from the prices on FSHBX, not only are they already a
week late posting the latest adjustment but the adjustment they made
to historical prices on 8/31 lost signficant data as well.  This is
not as critical or as large with bond funds like these but the
results are the same.

6-Oct-05 8.87 8.87 8.87 8.87 0 8.87
5-Oct-05 8.87 8.87 8.87 8.87 0 8.87
4-Oct-05 8.87 8.87 8.87 8.87 0 8.87
3-Oct-05 8.87 8.87 8.87 8.87 0 8.87
30-Sep-05 8.88 8.88 8.88 8.88 0 8.88
29-Sep-05 8.89 8.89 8.89 8.89 0 8.89
28-Sep-05 8.89 8.89 8.89 8.89 0 8.89
27-Sep-05 8.89 8.89 8.89 8.89 0 8.89
26-Sep-05 8.89 8.89 8.89 8.89 0 8.89
23-Sep-05 8.90 8.90 8.90 8.90 0 8.90
22-Sep-05 8.91 8.91 8.91 8.91 0 8.91
21-Sep-05 8.91 8.91 8.91 8.91 0 8.91
20-Sep-05 8.90 8.90 8.90 8.90 0 8.90
19-Sep-05 8.91 8.91 8.91 8.91 0 8.91
16-Sep-05 8.91 8.91 8.91 8.91 0 8.91
15-Sep-05 8.92 8.92 8.92 8.92 0 8.92
14-Sep-05 8.92 8.92 8.92 8.92 0 8.92
13-Sep-05 8.92 8.92 8.92 8.92 0 8.92
12-Sep-05 8.92 8.92 8.92 8.92 0 8.92
9-Sep-05 8.92 8.92 8.92 8.92 0 8.92
8-Sep-05 8.92 8.92 8.92 8.92 0 8.92
7-Sep-05 8.92 8.92 8.92 8.92 0 8.92
6-Sep-05 8.93 8.93 8.93 8.93 0 8.93
2-Sep-05 8.94 8.94 8.94 8.94 0 8.94
1-Sep-05 8.94 8.94 8.94 8.94 0 8.94
31-Aug-05 8.93 8.93 8.93 8.93 0 8.93
31-Aug-05 $ 0.029 Cash Dividend
30-Aug-05 8.91 8.91 8.91 8.91 0 8.88

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:

> The problem is the same for MF distributions as it for stocks
> splits.  When vendors, like Yahoo, keep only two significant digits
> and MF distributions or stock splits occur over the years, it
doesn't
> take long before the two digit granularity can't resolve
differences