[amibroker] Re: question

Imran --
You may not get the results you are expecting with Dieter's code.
You asked to sell "when x crossed 'y and z' to the negative
(downside)".  Dieter gave you cross(y,x) which doesn't address
the 'z' in your request.

You might try:
Sell = cross(y,x) AND cross(z,x);
But you will most probably find that this is not what you intended
either, because a 'cross' only happens on a single bar and it is
highly unlikely that cross(y,x) and cross(z,x) will occur on the same
bar.  Instead, you might use (depending on your intent):
Sell = x<y AND x<z;
    or
Sell = x<y OR x<z;

Then use the ExRem() function to get rid of the exta down arrows on
your price chart.

You may also discover that rather than using:
Buy = cross(x,y);
you may really want:
Buy = x>y AND x>z;
-- Keith

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Imran Pishori" <ipishori1@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thanks!
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of dieterdotbraun
> Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 4:09 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: question
>

> Hi Imran,
>
> copy and paste the Code from the first /* to the Last */ in the
editor
> and choose Apply Indicator.
> finish.
>

> Code Start----------------------------------------------------------
-
> /*______________________________ Plot Title______________ */
> _SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
> SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows);
> Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g,
Lo
> [...]
> )+encodecolor(colorred)+
> "\n\n\n\Welcome to amibroker";
>

> /*______________________________ Plot Chart______________ */
>
> Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle |
> ParamStyle("Style", styleCandle, maskPrice ) );
> _SECTION_END();
> /*_______________________________Variabelen________________*/
> x = EMA(C,5);
> y = EMA(C,30)      ;
> z = EMA(C,34)      ;
> /*______________________________Plot lines on Chart________*/
>
> Plot(x, "EMA(34)", colorBlue, styleLine);
> Plot(y, "EMA(34)", colorGreen, styleLine);
> Plot(z, "EMA(34)", colorRed, styleLine);
> /*______________________________Trading Rules_/Conditions___*/
> Buy=Cross(x,y);
> Sell=Cross(y,x);
> /*______________________________Plot Arrows on Chart_______*/
> PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow * Buy, colorGreen,0,L,-20);
> PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow * Sell, colorRed, 0,H,-20);
>
> /*_____________________________Have FUN___________________*/
>
> Code Ende-----------------------------------------------------------
>
> by,Dieter
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Imran Pishori" <ipishori1@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I just got Amitrader and was using the program and I realized I
have
> a LOT
> > to learn but am enjoying the learning process thus far.
> >

> > I had a question since my coding skills are very limited.
> >

> > Let say I had 3 plots for example.
> >

> > x = plot ema (close (5));
> >
> > y = plot ema (close (30));
> >
> > z = plot ema (close (34));
> >

> > now I wanted to buy when 'x' crosses 'y and z' to the positive
(upside):

> > eg:
> >
> >  Buy = cross (x, ????) // this is the part I don't know what to
do with

> > And I would like to sell when x crossed 'y and z' to the negative
> > (downside):
> >

> > Eg:
> >
> > Sell = cross (x, ???) // I have no idea what I am doing
> >

> > Could anyone please point me in the right direction on how I would
> > accomplish this.  The help menu points toward the plots crossing
> just one
> > point and that is the close price of a particular stock.
> >

> > Also, are there any books on coding etc. that one would recommend
> read to
> > get a better idea on how to code using Amitrader.
> >

> > THANKS!
> >

> > Imran

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>

>   _____
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

> *	 Visit your group "amibroker
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker> " on the web.
>
> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

24 Hours. Commission-Free.