RE: [amibroker] Re: question

Thanks!

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dieterdotbraun
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 4:09 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: question

Hi Imran,

copy and paste the Code from the first /* to the Last */ in the editor
and choose Apply Indicator.
finish.

Code Start-----------------------------------------------------------
/*______________________________ Plot Title______________ */
_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows);
Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo
%g, Close %g (%.1f%%)
{{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) )
)+encodecolor(colorred)+
"\n\n\n\Welcome to amibroker";

/*______________________________ Plot Chart______________ */

Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle |
ParamStyle("Style", styleCandle, maskPrice ) );
_SECTION_END();
/*_______________________________Variabelen________________*/
x = EMA(C,5);
y = EMA(C,30)      ;
z = EMA(C,34)      ;
/*______________________________Plot lines on Chart________*/

Plot(x, "EMA(34)", colorBlue, styleLine);
Plot(y, "EMA(34)", colorGreen, styleLine);
Plot(z, "EMA(34)", colorRed, styleLine);
/*______________________________Trading Rules_/Conditions___*/
Buy=Cross(x,y);
Sell=Cross(y,x);
/*______________________________Plot Arrows on Chart_______*/
PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow * Buy, colorGreen,0,L,-20);
PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow * Sell, colorRed, 0,H,-20);

/*_____________________________Have FUN___________________*/

Code Ende-----------------------------------------------------------

by,Dieter

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Imran Pishori" <ipishori1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I just got Amitrader and was using the program and I realized I have
a LOT
> to learn but am enjoying the learning process thus far.
>

> I had a question since my coding skills are very limited.
>

> Let say I had 3 plots for example.
>

> x = plot ema (close (5));
>
> y = plot ema (close (30));
>
> z = plot ema (close (34));
>

> now I wanted to buy when 'x' crosses 'y and z' to the positive (upside):
>

> eg:
>
>  Buy = cross (x, ????) // this is the part I don't know what to do with
>

> And I would like to sell when x crossed 'y and z' to the negative
> (downside):
>

> Eg:
>
> Sell = cross (x, ???) // I have no idea what I am doing
>

> Could anyone please point me in the right direction on how I would
> accomplish this.  The help menu points toward the plots crossing
just one
> point and that is the close price of a particular stock.
>

> Also, are there any books on coding etc. that one would recommend I
read to
> get a better idea on how to code using Amitrader.
>

> THANKS!
>

> Imran

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS