[amibroker] question

Hello,

I just got Amitrader and was using the program and I realized I have a LOT to learn but am enjoying the learning process thus far.

I had a question since my coding skills are very limited.

Let say I had 3 plots for example.

x = plot ema (close (5));

y = plot ema (close (30));

z = plot ema (close (34));

now I wanted to buy when ‘x’ crosses ‘y and z’ to the positive (upside):

eg:

 Buy = cross (x, ????) // this is the part I don’t know what to do with

And I would like to sell when x crossed ‘y and z’ to the negative (downside):

Eg:

Sell = cross (x, ???) // I have no idea what I am doing

Could anyone please point me in the right direction on how I would accomplish this.  The help menu points toward the plots crossing just one point and that is the close price of a particular stock.

Also, are there any books on coding etc. that one would recommend I read to get a better idea on how to code using Amitrader.

THANKS!

Imran

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS