[amibroker] work in two databases?? Re: timeframeset

Thanks a lot. Graham. Your code does work!!

The reason I use a mized database is that I have 5 yr of EOD data but
only one week of 5 min data. When I want to compare volume vs 3 mon
avg volume, i need the EOD data.

Two questions:
1) Can I work in two databases? For example, in 5-min database, call
the avg volume in EOD database???

2) where can i buy the database that have 5-min data for 3 yrs or
longer?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> you need to follow the examples and information that is provided in
> all the help
> You need to get the data back to teh base time period, then expand
the
> compressed data to fill the base period array
>
> timeframeset(indaily);
> avgvolume=MA(V,30);
> timeframerestore();
> addcolumn( timeframeexpand( avgvolume, indaily,
expandlast) , "avgvolume");

> I cannot answer as to whether the combined intraday and eod of day
> data in the same database causes any problems, as the eod is given a
> timestamp of 11:30pm I believe, and his could overlap the intraday
> times depending on your location and market. I keep them in separate
> databases so that they do not interfere with each others values
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm
>

> On 9/27/05, fox97us <williamwang97@xxxx> wrote:
> > hello,
> >

> > I have a database has mixed EOD and 5-min data. When I use the
function
> > of timeframeset(), it does not work well.
> >
> > For example, I set the database as 5-min intraday database. When
i want
> > to get an avg daily volume, i wrote
> >
> > timeframeset(indaily);
> > avgvolume=MA(V,30);
> > addcolumn(avgvolume, "avgvolume");
> >
> > then i click explore, it does not give me the avg volume of 30
days.

> > anyone can help????

Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjNroD/EbOLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM