From: treliff
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 5:00 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Ongoing problem with black chart panes in saved Layouts. Help!

> They should be in Formulas\Custom folder
> This is the place where they are created by default.
> All formulas (custom and shipped with AmiBroker) should be
> in "formulas" subfolder. Then they are visible under tree.

Tomasz, I never MOVED any afl files in Windows Explorer (only
deleted). I'm quite sure these files were in the AFL folder from
before the ChartTree/Drag&Drop feature was introduced and they simply
stayed there.

> The formula root directory can be changed - it is definable in
preferences.

Yes I've seen that, but in order to keep the "shipped" formulas it
would seem more appropriate to have a one-time operation of moving
everything from AFL to Formulas folder. This however will probably
lead to "File cannot be found" messages... ?

It's kind of strange, am I the only one with indicators in the "old"
AFL folder? In any case, what would you advise ?

-treliff

<amibroker@xxxx>
> > the
> >>
> >> I wrote you already.
> >> Use Delete from Chart tree
> >> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/m_formulacontext.html

> > the
> >>
> >> NO!
> >> Do NOT use windows explorer for manipulating formula files.
> >>
> >> ALWAYS Use CHART TREE - this is specialized "explorer" where
> >> all formula operations should be performed, including:
> >> - creation
> >> - deletion
> >> - moving
> >> - renaming
> >>
> >> To move the file simply DRAG it in CHART TREE with RIGHT MOUSE
> > BUTTON.
> >>

> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko
> >> amibroker.com