Re: [amibroker] Re: to calculate the value of the point 'P'

ROC = percent change in price for specified period (i.e., X1 - X2 / X2), and

Slope = change in price for specified period (i.e., X1 - X2 / Y1 - Y2).
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Landry
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: to calculate the value of the point 'P'

I'm joining the thread late in the game but when you say
you want a specific point on the MA,..MA is an array just
like Close, or Open is.  So if you find a way to measure
slope in the archives, substitute the variable
movingavg (as in movingavg = MA(C,30)) for the variable

Actually if want to measure the slope over a one
day change then rate of change function  ROC will
do exactly that...   ROC(movingavg,1);

Hope this helps
JOE

>I have searched all about slope posts, but I can't find any
> answers.  That's because I have a special formula.  It isn't
> a general formula which used to calculate slope.  I need to
> calculate the value of a specific point on the MA, not the actual
> close price of the stock at the corresponding time (i.e., close
> price per bar).

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Investment tracking software Return on investment software Stock investment software

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS