[amibroker] Re: Ami won't connect to IB

Tomasz,
  I checked, and it was not set to "Interactive Brokers", but the
dropdown box under Data Source only has two options, "default"
and "local database". There's not even an option to
choose "Interactive Brokers" like in your instructional video. To
make matters worse, I can't create a new database, because I'm only
given the same two options for "data source." I checked with my IB
settings, and they're still set correctly (configure->API->Enable
ActiveX and Socket Clients yes checked). In order to test whether
there was some other problem with IB's TWS, I downloaded another
program I usually use on another computer to connect to TWS called
the "Bracket Trader" and found that it was perfectly able to connect
to the TWS, whereas Amibroker can no longer connect to TWS, so
clearly something has gone wrong with my Amibroker, but I can't
imagine what it could be. When you go to database settings and look
under data source, what would cause Amibroker to show only "default"
and "local database" and not even give you the option of connecting
to IB? Please explain (and fix!). Thanks, Taz

> Hello,
>
> Please check if data source combo box
> in FIle->Database Settings shows "INteractive Brokers".
>
> See http://www.amibroker.com/video/ib.html
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>