RE: [amibroker] Re: separate optimizions for each stock in portfolio

the msg was referring to the AFL that was loaded into the AA window.

Was this the formula you wanted to use?  If so, then you need to have at least one optimize statement in it.

If it wasn't the one you wanted you have to load that into the AA window prior to running the script.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of qqqqq_99999_qqqqq
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:12 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: separate optimizions for each stock in portfolio

dingo,

Thank you for taking time to reply.

That's exactly what I did but I probably didn't have the correct
formula in the setting wondows or something.
I got the error message "You haven't specified any variables for
optimization."

Since I wasn't confident what I was doing, I did not pursue further
and gave up even though I was so close.

Your step-by-step instruction was really helpful for a non-programmer
like myself.

Thanks again.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> Take the 3 lines:

> AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
> AA = AB.Analysis;
> AA.Optimize(1);
>
> put them in a text editor and save them into the AB folder as
OptSep.js.

> Then run AB and set everything up (watchlists, dates, database,
settings,
> etc) to your liking.

> Then double click the OptSep.Js file you created above.

>   _____

On Behalf