[amibroker] Re: separate optimizions for each stock in portfolio

dingo,

Thank you for taking time to reply.

That's exactly what I did but I probably didn't have the correct
formula in the setting wondows or something.
I got the error message "You haven't specified any variables for
optimization."

Since I wasn't confident what I was doing, I did not pursue further
and gave up even though I was so close.

Your step-by-step instruction was really helpful for a non-programmer
like myself.

Thanks again.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> Take the 3 lines:
>
> AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
> AA = AB.Analysis;
> AA.Optimize(1);
>
> put them in a text editor and save them into the AB folder as
OptSep.js.

> Then run AB and set everything up (watchlists, dates, database,
settings,
> etc) to your liking.
>
> Then double click the OptSep.Js file you created above.

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of qqqqq_99999_qqqqq
> Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:08 AM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: separate optimizions for each stock in
portfolio

> Would anyone be kind enough to complete the TJ's snippets into a
> turn-key sample code ?
>
> TIA
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Actually you don't need to implement it yourself.
> > Individual optimization is already available from OLE interface.
> >
> > If you pass the value of 1
> > to AA.Optimize() method it will run individual optimization
> > automatically for each stock for you.
> >
> > AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
> > AA = AB.Analysis;
> > AA.Optimize(1);
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko