Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:44 AM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Download questions

Terry:

Many, many thanks.  As Dickie said, your suggested changes make a HUGE difference.

Ed

At 04:23 PM 6/28/2005, you wrote:
I don't update that many symbols, but based on what I get I estimate
2500 would take around 10 minutes with my broadband connection.

If you haven't already, select Settings from the Tools menu in Amiquote
and change the values under Misc. Settings. I use:
Number of symbols per request  : 200
Number of simultaneous downloads: 10
Number of automatic retries    :  3
Initial delay between requests  : 100

You may try some other values as you think appropriate to eliminate your
error messages. Changing the first two values REALLY improved the
download times.
--
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS