Re: [amibroker] Re: OFF-Topic: Win2000 / XP

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 12:49:05AM +1000, Michael.S.G. wrote:

> However, There are a few small issues that people should be aware of.
> (I'll add this to a readme in the 3rd party/linux section)

I get the feeling I won't be the only one to appreciate this.

> These are issues under wine,
> The 3d graph seems to operate slow. Perhaps if it's a simple enough
> program, Tomasz might port it to Linux???
> Opening a very large watchlist etc can take a realy long time.....
> (Generaly just avoid it)
> There seems to be a few small glitches in the AFL editor, Scrolling
> up/down fixes anomilies. (But it is annoying)
> Renaming a category/watchlist from the view list locks up AB, Do it
> from the actual Category assignment pane instead.

I mostly program systems ( or try to) using AFL. This all (as you say)
seem to work fine under wine.

> On the Upside, Disk operations appear to be somewhat faster. But that
> could just be my imagination.
> And AmiQuote works fine too.
>
> That's about it for problems, No showstoppers. And these issues may be
> resolved in future revision of wine.

I'm grateful for your feedback.

--

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it. --
Steven Wright