Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: OFF-Topic: Win2000 / XP

Ross,
    I was in exactly the same position, Im Glad I made the move.

However, There are a few small issues that people should be aware of.
(I'll add this to a readme in the 3rd party/linux section)

These are issues under wine,
 The 3d graph seems to operate slow. Perhaps if it's a simple enough program, Tomasz might port it to Linux???
 Opening a very large watchlist etc can take a realy long time..... (Generaly just avoid it)
 There seems to be a few small glitches in the AFL editor, Scrolling up/down fixes anomilies. (But it is annoying)
 Renaming a category/watchlist from the view list locks up AB, Do it from the actual Category assignment pane instead.

On the Upside, Disk operations appear to be somewhat faster. But that could just be my imagination.
And AmiQuote works fine too.

That's about it for problems, No showstoppers. And these issues may be resolved in future revision of wine.

All the best,
    Michael.

Ross Pearlstone wrote:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 09:25:11PM +1000, Michael.S.G. wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>     Sorry missed this one earlier.
>
> Yes I run AmiBroker and AmiQuote both under Linux.
>     I use wine (And winetools) to run them & some custom JScripts (For
> updating ASX database).
>
>     ATB
>     Michael.

I'd be really interested in a how-to for this as Amibroker is the *only*
piece of s/w that's keeping me from never having to boot into Windows
again. If it's considered too OT then by all means PM me.

--

If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses. --
Steven Wright