[amibroker] Re: has anyone used DATABULL data ... what do they mean using Amibroker open wor

Prior to working w/ Amibroker I was using Databull to download end
of data data for about 8000 stocks into an ascii format.  When I
started using Amibroker I was still using Databull for that and used
Amiquote for Amibroker but it was a pain.

Then I realized Databull could do both and it's working great.

Here is what I did:

1. In Databull you need to make sure the Amibroker option
is "checked".   You can have multiple data output sources checked.

2. Set up a new database in Amibroker.   You do not need the list of
symbols/tickers.

3. Make sure Amibroker is open and that this is the active database
that is open.

4. Run Databull.  If it is your first time and you, for instance,
want to backfill 10 years of data, use the "historical" download.
Then, each evening you can use "current".    If you don't have a
stock / ticker list it will create one during the first conversion.

5. Databull runs and downloads the data.  At the very end you see
somewhere on the screen (I think at the bottom) it says "Exporting
to AmiBroker" or something similar.

I have found this much easier then trying to run 2 downloads each
night.  (I don't use for Intraday data).

MIke

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "moztrader" <das300@xxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Graham,
> I tried this byut it didn't seem to work.
> I created a new database , local database , and did as per the
> instructions but nothing...
> Anyone used this data supply before ?
>

> regards
> Moz
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> > open workspace
> > means the window in AB with the ticker list including markets
groups etc

> > What it really needs is AB open to the database you want updated
> >
> > On Apr 5, 2005 2:40 PM, moztrader <das300@xxxx> wrote:
> > >

> > > Export format
> > >
> > > Below is the instruction to get datainot AMIBROKER - what do
they mean
> > > by open worksheet ? I tried several things but couldnt get it
to work

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Select in the "Export format" menu, the application and the
folder to
> > > which to download the data.
> > >
> > > AmiBroker
> > >
> > > After selecting "AmiBroker" in the "Export format" window
there is no
> > > need to specify a folder but, before downloading, you will
need to run
> > > AmiBroker in the background with an open workspace. DataBull
will
> > > automatically import the data into the open workspace of
AmiBroker.

> > > After selecting the option "Download Intraday" in the "Current
Data
> > > Downloader" window, the last bar will be automaticaly
refreshed with
> > > the latest market snapshot*.
> > >
> > > If you want to import intraday snapshots* bar after bar, you
have to
> > > change the aqd.format file.  Open the aqd.format file (i.e.
C:\Program
> > > Files\AmiBroker\Formats\aqd.format).
> > > Look for the following string:
> > > $FORMAT
Ticker,FullName,Close,Date_MDY,Skip,Skip,Open,High,Low,Volume
> > > and replace it by:
> > > $FORMAT
Ticker,FullName,Close,Date_MDY,Time,Skip,Open,High,Low,Volume