[amibroker] Re: If(C<PREV,StLong,Max(StLong,PREV));

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> This comes up a million times and is a constant frustration for ex-
MS users;
> the collective number of hours lost on this by new-comers must be
in the
> thousands.
>
> Can somebody write an MS-type Prev() in afl and add it to the afl
library?

Herman,

I don't think that's possible. According to the Metastock Formula
Primer "PREV is a special value that refers to the current formulas'
value for the previous period". The AFL translation below covers only
the AMA-type case. IMHO there are other cases where this translation
doesn't fit.

Greetings, Thomas

> // PREV
> Z =(A*B)+(C*PREV);
>
> can be written in AFL as:
>
> Z = AMA2( A(array), B, C );
>
> also:
>
> xx = FactorA * Close + (FactorB * PREV(xx)); // metastock
>
> translates to:
>
> xx = AMA2( Close, FactorA, FactorB );
>
> best regards,
> herman.