Re: [amibroker] Re: Possible Drag-drop and Param Bug

Hello,

> > When I drop this several times on a chart, both the default period
> > and sincr value don't work right. If I change the name of the file
> > to remove the 3 in "T3" then it works. T3 is contained in my own
> > plugin dll, so to be sure I tested the built in WMA contained in
> the
> > Averages folder by changing the file name to "WM3 - Weighted
> Moving
> > Average", and it broke in the same way. It seems numbers before
> the

It (i.e. the numbering) is by design.
AmiBroker generates SECTION names from AFL file names as follows:
- it truncates .AFL extension
- it looks for - (dash) or opening brace in the file name and
if there is one found then LEFT part (upto dash or brace) is taken
as a section name, otherwise just entire name (without .AFL extension) is
taken.
This allows to create descriptive indicator names like:

MACD - Moving Average Divergence Convergence.afl

in the chart tree while still keeping short generated section names like
MACD.

If more than one indicator of the same section name is dropped onto the pane
it gets NUMBERED automatically. So if you drop
MA - Moving Average.afl
and then drop it again and again, three sections will be created:

_SECTION_BEGIN("MA");
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("MA1");
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN"MA2");
..

Note MA, MA1, MA2 - auto-numbered sections.

Now if the file name you are using contains number at the end of the part
before
dash - it will interfere with this mechanism.

So you should use names that like this:

TTHREE - Tilson something.afl

or

T3_ -Tilson something.afl

(note underscore)

So it does not interfere with automatic numbering of sections.

To learn more about sections:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_dragdrop.html

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko