[amibroker] Re: Strange phenomenon with v4.70

Hi Terry and Anthony!

Thank you for your replies. In the meantime I found the reason for my
problem. I should first mention that (in an attempt to not make the
matter too complicated) I presented the formulas in my posting using
the standard Param() function. In fact I used the ParamOptimize
function Herman suggested some time ago in the amibroker-beta list:

function ParamOptimize( description, default, minv, maxv, step )
    { return Optimize(description, Param(description,default, minv,
maxv, step ), minv, maxv, step ); }

It seems that this function was the "culprit". After replacing all
instances of ParamOptimize() with Param() everything works as it
should.

And I guess that function was also the culprit for a problem I sent
one week ago to AB support (without having received an answer yet,
just the automatic response). For a system I developed the
optimization results did not correspond with the respective
backtesting results.

That's a pity since I really loved that function! But, well, it's my
fault - I should have tested it more thoroughly...

Greetings, Thomas