[amibroker] Re: Backtesting Market Timing Signals

>>You should contact the author of the formula. I am not the autor.<<

I am the author of the formula. I am trying to evaluate Amibroker and
I selected what I thought was a simple problem. I put some timing
signals in a file, like this:

S,03/16/2004
B,04/01/2004
S,04/27/2004
B,06/07/2004

I could find no built in capability to deal with this simple situation
so I wrote my own formula.

>> printf output is written to:
- commentary window
- interpretation window. <<

I tried using printf statements for debugging but they generate no
output. I tried using _TRACE with debugview but it generates no output
either.

I am not a computer programmer but I do find it necessary to write
programs occasionally so I am not completely clueless. Unfortunately I
am coming to the conclusion that unless you can create your trading
strategies from built in functions, Amibroker is very difficult to use
primarily due to a lack of debugging capability.

Bill