RE: [amibroker] RE: Gordon Sutherland "JOHN CLAYBURG Suport & Restance"

Jack,

Yes you can Explore/Backtest with “LineArray” in AB.

With the code I used based on John Clayburg’s Category 3 Support and Resistance you need to do the following:

  1. Copy and paste the AFL code from msg 78916 and give this a name and use for your Plots (remember to reduce the bars visible to avoid flat lines)

  1. Copy and paste the AFL code from msg 78980 and give this a separate name and use for your Explorations/Backtests.

You do not need the looping code in 2 above for Explorations/backtests because you are not extending into the future when Exploring or Backtesting. So when you run your Exploration make sure you have a chart open with the Plot from the AFL file in 1 above and then double click the Exploration result line and you should see the price array breaking the Support or Resistance line (coded for Longs and Shorts).

Good luck,

Regards,

Gordon Sutherland